Thursday, January 3, 2013

Favorite Christmas Book

This year I tried the Pinterest idea of wrapping up books and putting them under the tree as a countdown to Christmas.  I didn't have 24 Christmas books of my own, so I went to the public library and got some there too.  Jack didn't even notice which ones were ours and which were the library's.  He looked forward to opening a new one each night before we went to bed.  He enjoyed a lot of them, but the one he wanted to read over and over was this one:

The Jolly Postman Christmas

I don't even remember where I picked this one up, but I know it was before I was even married.  I just thought it was cool because the Postman is delivering the post (mail) to various characters from childhood stories (Humpty Dumpty, Little Red Riding Hood, etc).  There is an actual letter in the book and the reader gets to see what the Postman delivered.  He delivers a puzzle to Humpty Dumpty (which Jack did over and over again), a board game to Little Red Riding Hood, and other neat things.  It's a short read and really cute, especially in this day and age when kids don't actually receive mail anymore!

No comments: