I don't want to assume anything about the people who might be looking for book suggestions for their kids, so I'm including these 2 books. If you haven't heard of them, you might live in a bubble, but you should definitely know about them! If You Give A Mouse A Cookie by Laura Numeroff is the first in a very cute, creative series. The author takes a situation, "If you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to want a glass of milk to go with it..." and goes through this unrealistic series of events that eventually lead you right back to the beginning of the book. Kids love this book and it's very recitable. There is also If You Give a Pig a Pancake, If You Give A Moose A Muffin, and If You Give a Cat a Cupcake. 
Another very popular series is Fancy Nancy by Robin Preiss Glasser. I bought the first book of this series when it first came out and I was still single. Not knowing that I would only have a boy, it hasn't mattered because he loves the books too (much to my husband's chagrin). Fancy Nancy is an adorable girl who doesn't fit in with her very plain family. (I am definitely NOT like Fancy Nancy--more like her boring family). Although she is a bit bossy like me, she's much cuter about it. :) There are a few books in this series as well and I know I have seen Early Readers too. Even if you have boys, you should expose them to her world because it's very fun and each book has a cute "moral to the story".

No comments:
Post a Comment