The Wedding by Julie Garwood, was another romance novel. (Not the Danielle Steel kind, more like a romance comedy). I borrowed this book from my mom actually. After reading The Chocolate Lovers' Club, I had stopped reading for a while and really wanted something quick and easy to read.This was a perfect book for that. It's not the world's greatest literature, but it was interesting and captivating. Set in Scotland in the 11th Century, the setting provided a lot of interest in the book. I've always loved books set in the Middle Ages, and this was no exception. I have no idea how accurate the portrayal of the times was (probably not very), but I didn't really care.
It's a love story between 2 unlikely people, but they end up being a perfect match for each other. The romance was a little mushy, but not explicit (again, an improvement from the Chocolate Lovers' Club). It's your typical romantic comedy, where they fight and hate each other at the beginning. Lots of misunderstandings cause problems, but in the end, everything works out.
If you're looking for a cheap, easy romance to read, I would recommend this one!
No comments:
Post a Comment