See, I told you it takes forever for me to read a book anymore! I just finished the book "Murder at the Opera" by Margaret Truman. This is the next book in our ward's book club. I have no idea who recommended it, but I think Margaret Truman is the daughter of Pres. Harry Truman. Anyway, I wasn't really impressed with the book to be honest. There were some things I guessed (which I can never do correctly with an Agatha Christie), and it just wasn't all that suspenseful.
I suppose the purpose of a book club is to get you to read things you woudn't normally read, so that was accomplished. I just think there are too many good murder/mystery authors out there to waste your time with a mediocre one.
The next book on the ward book club list is "The Last Lecture", which I've already read, so I think I'm going to read something else now! Trouble is, there are too many options. But I need to read something I can recommend to others, so I think I'll read "The Art of Happiness" by the Dalai Lama. Hopefully it won't take me a month, but it may!
No comments:
Post a Comment