I finally read the 3rd book in the Inheritance Series by Christopher Paolini. Fantasy has to be my all time favorite genre, and I have enjoyed reading this series. I was too cheap to buy the hardback, and so I was waiting for it to come out in paperback. But my mom was returning it to my nephew Caleb, and I snagged it up before she had a chance. Originally there was only going to be 3 books in the series, but apparently the author had too much to say, so it became 4.This book was a little like Harry Potter 5 for me, in that it seemed to be a bridge or segway between books. It was kind of anti-climatic. There was a lot explained in the book, but not a lot of action. It was definitely kind of slow in the middle, which is probably why it took me so long to finish. That being said, I really enjoyed it and look forward to the last one coming out. (I'm not going to hold my breath though, because I'm sure it'll be a while).
My favorite fantasy author of this kind is Terry Brooks. I think he's a lot less wordy and does just as good a job as painting a picture for you. Terry Brooks' books have druids and magic, elves and dwarves, just like Christopher Paolini, but I prefer them. If you like fantasy, try the Shannara series.
Now I'm on to another book. I think I might try the classic "Rebecca". We'll see!
2 comments:
Nancy, I just love your blog, and I am so grateful that you share so much of your feelings with us your readers! I just honored you on my blog as one of my favorite blogs and honest blogs that i read! If you get a minute check it out! Thanks for all you do!
nancy, i just noticed on your sidebar "team strickland." is that erin?! if it is, tell her to invite me to her blog! (rrrcarmona at gmail dot com)
Post a Comment